All Studio Players auditions are open to the public. There is no pay involved. We are an organization that is comprised entirely of volunteers.
We have no required experience, fees, or membership dues for anyone on or backstage. We stand committed to casting people of color in any role that will showcase their talent, to producing works by playwrights of all races, faiths, genders, and sexual orientations, and to inviting all people in our diverse communities to join us onstage or behind the scenes in volunteering to express our collective voices and stories.
Yes Virginia, There Is a Santa Claus, A Radio Play in Two Acts By Andrew J Fenady Based upon the Teleplay by Val DeCrowl and Andrew J. Fenady Audition Submission Period: November 1-8,2020 Seeking 10-20 actors (ages 18-108) ALL ethnicities, gender identities welcomed and encouraged to audition. Performances will be presented as pre-recorded online performance** …
How to Prepare for Our Auditions
- Check out the character breakdown that is published for each show and decide which roles you are best suited for given the characters’ age ranges and descriptions.
- Prepare the audition sides for those characters. You don’t have to memorize the material, but you should be familiar with it.
- Arrive at the theatre the day of the audition (no appointment times unless stipulated), and plan to stay for up to 2 – 3 hours (but usually the time is less). You will be asked to read from one or more of the sides that we have provided ahead of time online.
- Please be prepared to list all potential rehearsal conflicts on the audition form. We rehearse in the evenings and on weekends.
- Please bring a recent photo (a photo printed on your at home printer is fine) or a headshot.